OregonCARES was formed to focus on youth substance use prevention Our efforts in our communities have included:
- Town hall meetings
- Presentations to city leaders and legislators
- Public awareness campaigns
We provide resources on:
- Underage drinking prevention by reducing social access to alcohol
- Prescription drugs misuse prevention
- Illegal drugs use prevention
- Over-the-counter medication misuse prevention
- Parents Who Host Lose the Most Social Host Law awareness
- Tobacco and nicotine product use prevention.
We also work to make sure that the environment in our communities gives our youth appropriate messages about alcohol, nicotine and other substances by working with local governments and businesses to assure that advertising and product placement is aimed at adults and not at youth.
For more information or to get involved with OregonCARES, please contact us